Tuesday, May 15, 2007

15. candida albicans and bowel movements.

After struggling (extra) with my digestive system since January 2007 (when I got a series of 7 colonics to try to help me but didn't help much), I finally received some information about the relation between mercury poisoning and candida albicans. A friend wrote to me about it and I am so thankful!

I was getting desperate to have regular elimination (see later posts how I solved that one) - we were leaving for a two week trip to Ontario. So on Friday, I went to the office of a local ND and bought - over the counter - some natural stuff to help eliminate the candida problem. I also went online to find appropriate foods to eat.

On Saturday I began my diet:
-- No sugar of any variety including most fruit, honey and maple syrup, no starchy vegetables, no yeast or gluten, no vinegar, no refined wheat and only a little, no fat-dairy like yogurt and skim cottage cheese. 65 % of my diet is supposed to be vegetables (you can search on-line), 20% high protein foods, 10% complex carbohydrates and 5% fruit.

And to help kill the candida, the Caproyl treatment from the ND's office, these three bottles: Caproyl, psyllium powder (with husks and seeds), and Bentonite - use according to directions.

Wow, what a difference in how I feel!! I not only have regular bowel movements (that's what we're looking for) and . . . the by-product of this heathy eating is that I've lost 2 pounds in three days already. woohoo!!

Well, I'll be doing this for at least a couple more weeks (maybe a coupe of months or more) and I'll let you know what happens and any more good info I hear about.

Did someone say knowlegde is power?

No comments: