Tuesday, May 15, 2007

14. Big mistake eating at Jack Astor's.

My husband and I went out to eat last week, fully intending on going to a healthy restaurant but things got in the way, we got late and hungry and we decided to go to Jack Astors, which was close to where we were.

I thought I was doing a good thing by ordering the Asian noodles with vegetables, but to be honest, didn’t think much before ordering. The vegetables were great and crunchy; the noodles, however, were made with wheat (I had gas all night) and it was the spiciest thing I’ve ever eaten. I also suspect it was loaded with MSG. We didn’t have desert, because there were no dairy-free or gluten-free ones.

And that night, I had the worst night of my life which meant I was almost useless the next day.

Never again.

No comments: