Thursday, April 13, 2006

6. Hopefully not the placebo effect:

It's been six days since I've had the mercury taken out of my teeth; I felt great on the weekend and I still feel GREAT! It feels as though I've lost 30 pounds and I find myself walking with a skip in my step. (I still have some pain in my gums and jaws, but I know that will go away quickly.)

The biggest change is in my energy levels. It amazes me that I'm suddenly doing things that I would normally procrastinate over; I've put off doing so many things around the house, that I'll be busy for the next year catching up.

Two days ago I decided that I shouldn't have a nap (as I had been forcing myself to do over the past year because otherwise the day would be too long for me.) So, instead of my two hour afternoon nap/rest, I drove to our new church location and did some gardening (actually weeding) for almost 2 hours. Then I hurried home to make some soup for supper and at 7 pm I went to my VERY rigourous cardio class. I particularly noticed that my legs were not as tired as before. I was still not able to do all of the leg movements the others were doing, but the muscle tiredness was minimal. After my gym class, I did some grocery shopping and drove home around 9pm. I watched some TV for an hour and was in bed around 10:30! Now that may sound like a normal day for you, but for me, that was NOT a normal day. I couldn't believe I had actually done all those things in one day!

The energy continues:

The next day I separated my sweaters for winter storage (a job I didn't do the year before), cleaned out some closets and did some laundry. And then, so I wouldn't have to get rid of them yet, I dyed some not-so-white-anymore white clothes. I did 2 colours and 4 batches and it was several hours worth of work. I decided to have a small nap, but it was only about 20 minutes and I woke up and got right out of bed with an awake feeling. Then I did some errands, had supper and went to church where we spent the evening moving stuff; I packed boxes, carried some boxes, swept and chatted. I drove home around 9:15 and went to bed by 11:00pm.

What? what? what?

And, this morning I felt awake shortly after I woke up! That means that the waking up process was not as looooong as usual. Normally, when my husband jumps out of bed in the morning, I'll laze around and try to wake my body up - sometimes for about 1/2 hour. But I didn't feel I had to do that this morning.

I would go on, but I'm off to pick my son up from work.

more later:

No comments: