Saturday, April 08, 2006

5. Mercury removal: Done and Done!

Here's the story of my mercury removal day:

My husband Michael and I drove up to St. Stephen the day before and had a lovely evening with our friends, Amanda, Ray, and their two children who were 2 and 1 years old. They were a joy to be with — and I got my baby fix at the same time, yay!

The next morning we got up at 5 am, had breakfast, put our stuff in the car, left at 6:15, drove a few miles, realized I forgot my reading glasses, drove back to get them and left at 6:30 am. All was well because we got to Duke Street in St. John by 7:50 and I was in the dentist's chair by 8:00 am.

I had a great time that day - because I knew I was doing something good for myself, but I must say that the dentist and her assistants were very pleasant and there were 5 or so large plants in front of my chair, in front of a couple of big windows looking out to a huge tree just outside the office building. And of course, how wonderful to be rid of that harmful poison that has been plaguing my body for almost 30 years! The dentist was listed on Dr. Wentz's website as "mercury-free", so I knew she was doing the removal process properly.

I was given oxygen through a tube that went over my nose (for a whole 8+ hours!), and the dentists even wore gas masks themselves during the slow-drill removal of my mercury amalgams. I had also taken everything recommended to me (by Dr. Debbie Hansen) regarding supplements for mercury detox. My appointment lasted until 4:30 pm and the dentist spent the last 1 and 3/4 hours trying to extract that tooth where I'd had a mercury filling and a root canal infection for maybe 5 or 6 years. (I have very big bones and my teeth have very big roots and they were very strong and that's why it took a very long time.)

So, after signing off on our credit card, we left for Halifax around 5:00 pm and the bleeding finally stopped after about 2 and 1/2 hours. I dozed off for a couple of minutes in the car, but that night, I had the best sleep I'd had in a long time and I felt great on the weekend!

I'm supposed to continue taking the mercury detox supplementation (that I got from the nutritionist in Fredericton) for at least 4 more weeks. Dr. Wentz says in his book that symptoms of mercury poisoning can linger for a while after removal because the body takes a while to get rid of all its metal.

Oh . . . and I lost 2 pounds (whoohoo!), probably because of my liquid diet, eh?

bye for now,

Praise God, there IS hope for a healthier and happier life.

No comments: